Thursday, June 1, 2017

Last Day of School!

Owen is done with elementary school and Paige is moving on to 2nd grade! *Sniff* Neither kid was very emotional leading up to the day but I was worried I would be a mess! Pat took the day off so he could attend the awards program (more on that later) and the clap out so we drove the kids to school and had a chance to take some pictures before school started. At the end of the day, the school has a tradition of all the students lining the halls and the 4th graders walking down the halls with all the clapping and cheering as they exit for the last time as an elementary school student! It's fun to see but also...soooo sad!! I remember crying when I saw it last year and I didn't even have a kid that was leaving! By the time Owen exited the school he was crying pretty hard and I lost it at that point too. He's had such an amazing experience at Grindstone that leaving is going to be extra hard even though I know he's excited about 5th grade.
Fun group picture! A lot of the kids dressed up for the awards program.


Paige and a few friends who had arrived early!

Paige and Mrs. Mandato (see Owen's first grade picture with the same teacher here)



Jalen, Luca, and Owen

Ella and Owen



Picture of Paige's class

The end of the tunnel!

No comments: