Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Recital Day!

Oh my goodness. Recital Day!! The whole thing actually starts the night before, on Friday after the last day of school. The dance studio has a special recital for the solos, duos, and trios to perform and Paige wanted to go with some friends to see it. It started pretty early so we left the after-school festivities to get there on time. The dancing was fantastic and they had yummy hors d'oeuvres at intermission but the show was going to be so long (done around 10) that I decided we needed to leave early so Paige could get some sleep before we had to be back at 9:30 the next morning. Not a popular decision with Paige... :)
The next morning we got ready pretty easily and left so we could be there about 10 minutes before the actual expected arrival time for the dancers. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot I realized that I had forgotten the costumes!! I was pretty upset about it but luckily Pat and Owen hadn't left home yet and were able to grab them and leave to get them to us. About 10 minutes before showtime is when I realized I hadn't parted Paige's hair on the correct side! I have no idea why after all those hair practices and dance competitions I would do it wrong on the last day but...it figures! I ended up fixing it between the first and second show because, yes, she needed to be there for 3 shows! She performed 4 dances in the first one and just Football Frenzy in the last two. A lot of family came to watch (pictures below!) and Paige was super pumped to see them but we had to say goodbye pretty quickly so I could fix her hair and she could eat some lunch before the next performance. We ate outside with some friends who luckily had some extra food to share because there was a big problem with reception in the venue and nobody was getting text messages or knew what people had wanted to order! Between the 2nd and 3rd show we went to Panera with a group of friends and had a little longer to relax. By the end of the day we were there for 12+ hours because Paige and I both wanted to watch the last recital instead of heading home right away!
Friday night show!

In the theater!



Game faces!

Paige and Miley

Paige, Miley and Maeve

This group had so much fun together!

The ballerina!

Paige, Nanny and Grandpa

Paige, Grandma and Grandpa

Paige and Aunt Jamie

Us!

Yay!

They took about 10 minutes figuring out how they wanted to pose for this "quick" picture! :)

No comments: