Thursday, June 12, 2014

Last Day of First Grade!

Owen's last day of school was a tearjerker! Ok, not for him, for me. I cried twice, both in front of/because of his teacher. The first time she was addressing the class and complimenting them on their kindness towards Owen. When he couldn't run around at recess a lot of his friends sat down too so he wouldn't be lonely. The second time was when Paige and I were leaving the school and I ran into his teacher in the hall after she had taken the class to Art. She was just such an amazing teacher that I really was sad Owen would have to move on. I'm good now though-on to Second Grade!
Owen got to be pulled around in a wagon for all of our long walks that day!



Owen and Mrs. Mandato!
The first graders had another mini field day! Owen couldn't join in on the regular Duck, Duck, Goose game but a couple friends played a version with him that involved crawling:)

I wanted a end of year picture of Owen after he came out of school and he insisted it be without his crutches!
We promised the kids we would get slushies on the last day of school just like last year.
Happy Summer!

No comments: