Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Terrariums!

Terrarium. You can sing that to the tune of "Aquarius" if you know the song. But I digress. I've been wanting to make mini terrariums with the kids since the beginning of the summer and we finally used the bad weather as an excuse to do it. We got some cheap glass containers (50 cents a piece!) and then gathered our other materials. We used rocks on the bottom for drainage, then a layer of potting soil and then the plants, of course. We made it a little more fun by putting some animals we already had in too. Owen chose dinosaurs and Paige put in a deer. I'll be on the lookout for a bigger container so I can make another one. There are some pretty amazing options out there!
Owen's completed terrarium!

Paige's completed terrarium!

My completed terrarium. I like it but I didn't have enough room for an animal!

No comments: