Monday, July 7, 2014

Slowing Down

June was a pretty busy month for us and even though we've been doing lots of summer stuff (trips to the pool, playgrounds, visits with friends) everything feels like it's on fast forward. There has been some crankiness around here that I'm hoping will dissipate as our activities become a little more casual and we make a conscious effort to slow down. I've been trying to start up a more regular training schedule for running again. Last week Paige woke up before I could get out of the house for my run and wanted to go out with me. I went with it, knowing I might not be able to do the distance I was planning if she came. We made many stops along the way to look at waterfalls and animals and I loved seeing the joy on her face at the novelty of being out so early and with just the two of us. I'm glad I remembered to slow down that day and forget the miles I was planning on so we could have that experience together. 




No comments: