Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Food!

It's Summer so it's CSA season! We've been trying lots of new recipes around here lately. Here are a few!
Spinach/rice/pistachios/parmesan-This is a recipe that has been lost to time. If I find it I'll come back and update this post with a link. It had a very homey/comfort feel to it. 

Yellow Squash-I can't find the recipe for this either but it was yellow squash sauteed in some butter with a some green onions and a sprinkling of parsley.


Strawberry trifle-layers of whipped cream, strawberries, vanilla pudding and vanilla cake. Yum!


Strawberry Almond Muffins-Recipe is above. Everyone liked these and they are very filling. I would like to try them with blueberries but I had strawberries on hand at the time.

Baked Beet Chips-I liken these to kale chips. If you can get them right they're amazing but they're really difficult to get right. The chips on the right of the picture are closer to the color they should be but then they would burn really quickly. The darker ones were still chewy and not chip like at all.

Squash Casserole-this was pretty good but the kids couldn't get past the presence of the squash. It was supposed to have Ritz crackers on top and I may have cut back on the amount I was supposed to use. Also, it should have had cheddar cheese and I only had colby jack so that also might have been part of the problem as well.
Snow Peas-These were super easy and I loved them! Just saute for a minute and a half in a little oil, then add some lemon juice and a little bit of salt!

No comments: