Friday, May 3, 2013

There Is A Bird On Your Head!

I borrow a lot of project ideas from various places on the internet but I actually came up with this one myself! Not that I'm going to assume that I'm the first person to do this but still... We really like Mo Willems' books (especially the Elephant and Piggie books and the Pigeon books) so this project was based on the book, There Is a Bird on Your Head. Paige had a lot of fun picking out the color of her birds and making the nest and I ended up making one too. She did a great job and we used the project as an excuse to talk about different shapes too.

Mid-project
The finished birds and nest. Paige kept saying, "They are in love!" Because they are in the book!

Paige wanted to take a picture of me with my birds too.

Ta-da!


No comments: