Thursday, May 16, 2013

Surgery

Owen had surgery last Friday and if it had been as traumatic as I was thinking it would be I probably wouldn't be putting it on the blog. As it turned out though, Owen was super brave and calm and fantastic and except for about an hour or so after surgery really seemed to enjoy the day. He wasn't nervous at all and I think it actually helped to calm me down. They had to pull one of his very loose front teeth to make way for the breathing tube so that was an extra bonus for him I think. He was in a lot of pain right after the surgery which was a little scary but by the time we got him home and gave him some food he was already back to normal! We had spaghetti and apple pie that night at his request. We kept having to remind him over the weekend to SLOW DOWN! 

Waiting for surgery.
After surgery and in lots of pain...I think the cell phone games helped to dull it a little bit but the morphine probably helped the most.


Owen had the choice of a wheelchair or a wagon to exit the hospital. Here he is in his choice and minus a tooth.

Paige, modeling our dinner.


No comments: