Monday, May 20, 2013

Field Trip!

Owen's Kindergarten class took a field trip to the Farmparks and Paige and I were lucky enough to join them. Actually, technically Paige and I just "happened" to be there at the same time so we got all the benefits of the field trip without any  of the responsibilities of being a chaperone...pretty tricky but it was the only way I was allowed to bring Paige! Both kids had a great time and I was pretty impressed with how well-behaved all the students were. The kids all had the opportunity to milk a cow, plant a potato, pet a myriad of different farm animals and of course learned a bunch in the process. Paige and I didn't join them on the bus ride home but Owen told me most of the kids fell asleep (including him).
Owen milking the cow, Paige abstained.

Lining up to plant the potatoes. Paige is near the back, Owen is in the front.
When Paige's turn came she very surprisingly slam-dunked her potato into the ground. Then she nicely crouched down and helped cover it with dirt.


I'm pretty sure Owen's planting is going to grow the best potato ever.

Owen and friends.


These horses were Owen's favorite part, they came right to the fence when they saw the kids coming. You can't see Owen because he's right in the middle next to the horse. but he's there!


Owen's class.



No comments: