Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Garden and Ice Cream!

...Later on Day 2 we headed to the Franklin Park Conservatory. We wandered through the different areas (ok, the kids ran. Around and around the desert biome! Borderline appropriate?). Then we watched the butterfly release, and wandered around some more! We spent way more time at the Conservatory than I thought we would because we were all enjoying it so much and it was huge! 


These goggles showed you what it was like to see like a butterfly

This butterfly was super friendly and just let itself get passed around.

Paige's turn!

Someone stopped by to ask if we wanted our picture taken. Yes!

We let the kids walk around and take pictures, I think Paige took this one. What are those people in the background doing...?

Giant Lite Brite of the Palm House
 We went back to the hotel to relax a bit after a pretty busy day and had some leftovers for dinner because we knew we were going to go to Jeni's for ice cream. This is an amazing ice cream place. I had heard of it long ago and then Pat got to try it on another visit to Columbus so this stop was one of our first plans when we knew we were taking this little trip. It did not disappoint. I told Pat later that I felt a little sad thinking I would probably never get to have my ice cream again (the flavor I got was Birch Marshmallow and it was amazing but also a limited edition. Sigh.). The kids got a flavor called "The Milkiest Chocolate in the World" and Pat tried Goat Cheese with Red Cherries and Brambleberry Crisp.


No comments: