Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pasta

I realize this isn't the most interesting thing I've ever made but I thought it still deserved a mention. I'm mostly a pasta with tomato sauce girl (except for Lemon Pasta! Yum!) so when I actually do something other than that it feels pretty monumental. It's also important for another reason too--tomatoes. I'm only a recent convert to the tastiness that tomatoes offer so this meal was a surprise for me. The cherry tomatoes in the recipe, as a result of how they are cooked, come out tasting like little pockets of tomato sauce, it was great! The recipe is Penne with Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes, although obviously I used rotini.
The Pat and Owen review...Owen ate the pasta and the peas and then later tried the asparagus with success. He wouldn't try the tomatoes though, he just kept telling me they were hot. I know Pat doesn't like tomatoes but I still made him try a couple. Even though he admitted he liked how it tasted his face got all scrunched up when he had a second one and said he couldn't get past the fact that he was eating a tomato...but he did like the rest of it! More tomatoes for me!

No comments: