Monday, January 19, 2009

Spices!

I decided my new project is to use all the spices on my spice rack. I have some that I've had to refill (parsley) and others that I've never used (celery salt?!). Today I hit basil and parsley with this recipe for Lemon Pasta from Zest. I bought the book long ago when I still worked at Williams-Sonoma because it has amazing pictures and it was super cheap (yea for employee discounts!). So this is the first time I've ever used it because I don't usually have zestable fruits around the house that aren't already spoken for. Anyway, I loved this and Owen hated it. It tasted all fancy like something I would get in a restaurant. I can't usually say that about my dinners. Normally we say things like "Yea! That was edible!"

2 comments:

Diana Welmerink said...

Ooooh! If you find some good recipies for random spices, send them our way. Adam is on a mission to clear out our spice cabinet before we move this summer. I'm not sure if that will happen - we have a lot of curry powder and cardamom, among others...

Alex Hall said...

Wait--you never use basil?! For shame! For shame indeed!