Monday, January 12, 2009

Sledding

We had great weather for playing in the snow over the weekend! We managed to get Owen out on his sled twice and went around our neighborhood and through the parks dragging him on it. To cap off our fun filled snow days we even took him to a real sledding hill near our house.

On the trails...


We couldn't get Owen's thumbs through his mittens, but that's ok because that means he gave us lots of thumbs up. Don't worry, we fixed his hat soon after this picture (and a billion more times throughout the day) so Owen didn't miss out on much.


Owen took his turn pulling the sled. I tried to hitch a ride but he pretended I was too heavy.


Here's the crazy sledding hill. Pat went down once from the top and then the rest of the times he started off halfway down with Owen. I went once by myself halfway down and almost fell off so I decided to observe the rest of the time. There were people doing crazy things like going down with their dogs or going down backwards (to which I said "that's not a good idea"). On Pat and Owen's last run I was at the top and decided to walk down and meet them. As I was walking down the side of the hill I was completely swept off my feet and landed on my back on a sled going down the hill. The hill is long enough that I was able to assess if I was hurt, wonder where the person who had been on the sled was, look up, have a conversation with the kid I was now riding a sled with about whether or not we were hurt and then enjoy the rest of the way down. Good thing he was going down backwards or I would have landed right on him. It was pretty funny, Pat and the kids grandpa (who sought me out to apologize) both thought it could have been on America's Funniest Home Videos. Too bad we didn't get it on tape!

No comments: