Monday, April 20, 2009

Book Review and Pancakes

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies--Yay! I finished! I didn't speed through this one because I figured I knew how it ended (having read the original). It was good and I even laughed out loud a few times! To really enjoy this book though, I think you have to have read the original but if you like zombies you can appreciate it anyway. I think the author took the exact text of Jane Austen's version and then manipulated it from there. I enjoyed the ridiculousness of it.

(Owen taking time out to pose with the book while devouring a chocolate bunny pop)

Remember those Carrot Cake Pancakes? Well these Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes are from the same blogger so I was really excited to make them. The verdict? They were good but not super awesome and great. They needed more oatmeal and more raisins to feel like an oatmeal cookie. Kind of like when you eat Raisin Bran (although I try not to...) and you're eating around the bran looking for more raisins.


No comments: