Thursday, April 9, 2009

Success!

It hasn't been happening very much lately but I finally managed to try out a new recipe that everyone liked! They were carrot cake pancakes! You have to actually like the taste of carrots because this batter does nothing to disguise them but they were terrific anyway. Owen had them for breakfast with applesauce (there's no way I'm cleaning syrup off of a 2 year old...) and then one for a midmorning snack and then another with his lunch--all by his request. Pat and I each had one in the evening as a snack with some leftover cream cheese frosting we happened to have and I thought it was fantastic. Recipe Here. (I didn't make the cream cheese spread in the recipe nor did I add the pecans to the pancake batter and oops, I forgot to add the salt too!)


I haven't been very crafty lately which is a shame since Easter has a lot of possiblities for craftiness but I did manage to make a fun new wreath for the door.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey - that's really nice!