Friday, April 24, 2009

Earth Day!

I'm a couple days slow on posting this since Earth Day was Wednesday...oops. This picture is of Owen and his friend Ruby in their matching Earth Day shirts. I have to be honest and say we weren't very earthy that day. We drove to a storytime in Westlake and made birdfeeders out of recyclable materials and then later we drove to the grocery store when we really should have walked. We do what we can on other days though, we recycle, I try to limit Owen's time standing in front of the open fridge (what's with that anyway?). Luckily we live close enough to the library, post office, bank, grocery store and lots of other places so we can walk when the weather is nice and we don't need to pick up too much.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's a very cute picture - could those be ruby earrings she has?...
I thought of of you on Earth day due to our conversation and my not being able to remember the actual date of Earth day. Good thing my handy "green" desk calendar reminded me this morning! Happy Earth Day!!