Saturday, April 25, 2009

Book Review and Recipe

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from my Kitchen Table--So I found out about this book because the author is also the writer of a blog I used to read called Orangette. This is the kind of book you finish reading and think "I should write something like that." The author tells stories from her life and family and the food/recipes that go with them. The stories were short enough that I could put down the book when I needed to but interesting enough that I didn't want to.

I will say though that when I finished the book only one recipe really jumped out at me (although I did also make her Sweet Potato Pound Cake found on her blog but not in the book, yum!). Luckily I don't have to try to pronounce it since this is a blog! It's called Bouchons au thon. You can actually read the story and recipe behind it if you click on that link. I thought they were very very good but the taste was definitely reminiscent of tuna noodle casserole. It also afforded me a mini adventure in making creme fraiche.

No comments: