Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blabarsoppa

I got this amazing book from the library and I've been selfishly keeping it contained in our house by renewing it online. It's called Maps. If you've been over recently, I've probably eagerly foisted it into your lap leaving you no choice but to agree with how good it is. I don't know why I'm so taken with it. It's a large, wonderfully illustrated book that shows not just countries but tons of information about them like: common names, animals, landmarks and traditional foods, etc. This is all coming around to Blabarsoppa, a Swedish blueberry soup/drink. We saw it on a map of Sweden and needed to try it. The ingredients are exactly what you see in the first picture boiled down (oh, and some cornstarch added later). It's basically blueberry syrup, not very drinkable. We mixed it into yogurt after dinner one night and into some plain oatmeal the next morning though and it was great!



No comments: