Friday, July 5, 2013

Fourth of July!!

I was worried the weather might ruin some of our celebrating but it wasn't a problem at all! I got to go for a run in the morning and when I got home we had a festive breakfast. Then we got to go have a cookout with our families and made it home in time to have a very late dinner and walk to the fireworks with some friends. What a great day! By the time we were walking home Owen was barely able to keep his eyes open. Paige was having a tough time admitting she was tired but was definitely showing it in other ways:)

Breakfast!

The kids dressed for the occasion.

Amazing Cherry Blueberry Pie. I'm making this again. Very soon. (Definitely cut the amount of sugar in half and it doesn't need as much cinnamon as it calls for.)


I know that cutting watermelon into shapes seems very silly but look how cute it looks! There are even some shaped like the United States if you look on the right. Owen was waiting all day to eat one and then took a bite and realized he doesn't like watermelon.
Fireworks! (I believe Owen's facial expression was being exaggerated for the camera...)

No comments: