Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Strawberry Breakfast!

We've been getting strawberries in our CSA bag and while the kids like them, it's not the fruit they normally pick when given a choice. I've made a couple things recently that I think have helped them over to the strawberry side though.

Strawberry and Yogurt Parfait-nothing crazy but since it looks fun I think that helps. I mix plain Greek yogurt with vanilla yogurt to cut the tanginess and then cut up strawberries and poured in some Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs.

Breakfast Popsicles-The kids taste-tested these  in the middle of the day but they were supposed to be for breakfast. I thought it would be fun to eat breakfast popsicles outside some warm mornings. Just milk, banana, berries, oats, and a little maple syrup. I didn't have enough popsicle molds so I used little white cups (Paige is holding one) which actually turned out to be great because the kids can put them back in the cups when they want to set them down and they won't drip everywhere!

No comments: