Thursday, June 20, 2013

Kohlrabi Picnic

Tuesday was International Picnic Day and we managed to celebrate twice! Once with friends in the afternoon and on our driveway for dinner. I used the occasion to bravely face the kohlrabi that were sitting in my fridge. I wanted something somewhat kid-friendly so I opted for Kohlrabi Fries. The kids were unimpressed but I loved them and Pat thought they were good too! I would totally make these again and have no problem keeping them all to myself:)

Intimidating, aren't they?

They even look yummy. The cilantro-lime yogurt sauce that accompanied them was not a big hit with anyone.

This is Owen's reaction to his first bite (with yogurt sauce)
Then he dug in for more. Couldn't have been that bad!

Paige is all smiles because she's just not eating anything.

Owen chose this lovely spot for our picnic and thought I was completely crazy for suggesting we put the blanket on the grass...


No comments: