Monday, May 12, 2008

Um...

Last night Pat said something about breakfast chili and we agreed that was nasty. Then I thought it would be funny if I made something that looked like chili but was actually really tasty. Then my brain shut down because Desperate Housewives came on. So when I went to make my breakfast this morning I pureed some strawberries, mixed in some yogurt, added blackberries (to pretend to be the meat?), and sprinkled on some cinnamon. Of course it was super tasty but it didn't really resemble chili. At all. Later I realized I could have even made some pound cake and used a slice to pretend to be cornbread. That would have been a nice excuse to have some cake for breakfast. That's part of the problem with having something different for breakfast every day. You have to have a plan. You can't just wake up and figure it out then because stuff requires so much preparation. Oh well, 7 more days!

Ok...so...remember that potato omelette debacle? Well apparently I have major problems with flipping things out of pans (or baking dishes). I'm pretty sure most of my problem this time was attributed to Owen pulling on my leg and me knowing I wasn't serving them to anyone so they didn't need to look pretty. The blondies turned out fine and Pat used the excuse to dish himself up some super large servings since we didn't cut them into bars. Ok, maybe I did that too.

Here's me and Owen on Mother's Day!

No comments: