Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Scott, Crystal, Sherri and Mike came over yesterday to eat lots of good food with us! It was the usual Memorial Day food (burgers and such) and a yummy trifle (layers of chocolate cake, cool whip, chocolate pudding and heath bits)! I managed to take one picture while everyone had food in their mouths.

This recipe was called Turban-shaped Challah with Raisins but it said I could use brioche or challah dough which doesn't make any sense when you look at the name. I used brioche dough anyway because I had some left from the huge batch the other day when I made a mini-loaf. Super good but I swear it tastes like Auntie Anne's pretzels somehow.

Here's Owen trying to get to the bread! He liked it too. Oh, and I did end up finding the peas that Owen hid in the bottom of a cupboard under our griddle!

No comments: