Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Vacation: Part Five

We did so much hiking!! I loved it so much. So so much. The hiking pictures from today's post were from my favorite trail-the Alum Cave trail. It had way fewer hikers and was upward and along a little river for most of it. It had fun bridges to cross that were basically a tree trunk and a hand rail on one side. It was really beautiful and I would hike that trail every single day if I could. Or at least once a week;) 
After that long, strenuous hike, we decided to...do more hiking! First we stopped at the North Carolina/Tennessee state line and saw some of the Appalachian Trail and then we went to Clingman's Dome, the highest point in the Smoky Mountains Park. It was a very, very steep climb and we were hurting by the team we reached the top of the observation tower but it was a great view!

Later that night we visited the Ripley's aquarium. I didn't think we'd spend much time there but we all enjoyed it more than I expected and spent quite a bit of time there. We haven't been to an aquarium in awhile and the kids loved seeing the penguins and getting to pet the manta rays.



























No comments: