Thursday, January 11, 2018

Soup and Snow Days

So many snow days!! The kids have had four snow days at this point and it's making the transition back to school really difficult! They've gotten used to a life filled with free time, snacks, board games, reading and video games. At some point we pushed the couches together to make a cozy spot for reading and it stayed that way for almost a week. Even I miss it! 
Also, soup. This soup made it's first appearance on the blog in December 2014 and I haven't made it since. I missed my window to make it in the slow cooker so I converted the recipe for the stovetop and it came out pretty well, although the pictures make me think it came out much thicker this time!

Corn and Red Pepper Chowder!

Carmen SanDiego and some snacks!

One of my favorite snow day moments-Owen invited Paige to come race all the hot wheel cars to see which was the fastest!

No comments: