Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Lasik Day!

Pat had Lasik surgery to correct his vision last week! The whole process sounded pretty intense but he seemed so sure and relaxed about it that I felt pretty calm about it too. It wasn't until about 5 minutes before the procedure that I thought he seemed a little nervous...too late by then! He was whisked off into a glass-walled room and they began! They make the whole process very showy by putting the patient behind a glass-wall so spectators can observe everything. The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes though so even though I watched them peel back a layer of his eyeball and then laser it, it didn't seem all that bad. For me. While I was sitting in a comfortable chair not being lasered. Pat said it was pretty uncomfortable though and then we picked up some Jimmy John's for him and he had a period of maybe 20 minutes where he felt good and then he felt awful again and went to sleep. He now has 20/20 vision though so I'm positive that he's happy he did it!
Last time with glasses!!

That's Pat with the stylish blue cap

Time to peel back an eye layer! 

Still amuses me that they had this photo backdrop up and ready to go for the patients to pose with the doctor!

No comments: