Sunday, May 4, 2014

More! Much More!

Since my last blog post I've made three more recipes from that same magazine issue and they all turned out fantastic.
Chicken Bacon Mac n Cheese-I hit a couple snags when I was making this but it turned out alright in the end! I left out the bacon (on purpose), left out the turmeric (hadn't noticed it in the ingredient list and didn't have any), and didn't have a broiler safe pan to finish off the recipe in the broiler. I was a little disappointed by that last one because one of the best parts of homemade mac n cheese is the nice, brown, crispy top but this still had great flavor and texture! Next time I would add more broccoli.

Chicken, Tortellini, and Spinach Soup with Pesto-I wasn't sure how well this one would go over with everyone because the kids aren't big fans of soup but I think the tortellini was enough to lure them in. The pesto and tomato were toppings so everyone was able to customize a little bit too. 

Crispy Vegetable Quesadillas-This is another one I was excited about but wasn't sure if the kids would like. Their normal quesadillas consist of chicken, cheese, spinach and salsa but these were vegetarian with more spinach and lots of beans (I left out the hot/spicy ingredients). We didn't have any leftovers but everyone liked them so much that I made them again the next night anyway.

No comments: