Monday, September 2, 2013

New Foods!

This was just called Israeli Couscous in the recipe and it was supposed to be prepared with clams. I needed to use up some fennel so I thought I would try this. Yummy comfort food! I was surprised by how tasty this was, now I have a reason to buy more fennel.

Posole-I needed a recipe that used hominy and settled on this. This was another one that wowed me when I wasn't expecting it. I left out the hot ingredients but it still had a ton of flavor.

Almond-Crisped Peaches-I was worried everyone was getting a little burnt out on peaches and I wanted a simple recipe to use some up.This had a good flavor but next time I'll cut the peaches into chunks and sprinkle the topping over. It's too much work to have kids cut through a hot, slippery peach!

Homemade Pizza!

Grilled Cherry Tomato and Corn Pizza-this was also supposed to have goat cheese on it which I think it could have used. Mediocre so if I made it again I would want the extra cheese! I also added some red onion.

Paige picking through our multi-colored CSA tomatoes to see which color to try first. This summer I've discovered that yellow tomatoes are my favorite! 

No comments: