Monday, September 30, 2013

CSA Recipes and a Treat

Concord Grape Muffins-Concord Grapes are a bit of a pain because you have to seed them but they are super delicious! I used ours in these muffins and they were a big hit. I'm saving this recipe but will probably use it with different fruits in the future. (Changes to recipe-halved the sugar, used 1/2 wheat flour, used 1% milk instead of whole, no sugar on top, no salt)

Summer Stew-I think this recipe would have gone over better with the kids if the sausage hadn't been quite so spicy but I liked it and it incorporated a lot of ingredients I was looking to use up. (Changes-no chicken, used chicken sausage instead of chorizo)


Roasted Veggies-Nothing crazy here but I'm putting it up as a reminder of an easy, yummy way to use up random veggies. Here I used kohlrabi, potatoes and rainbow carrots.
The treat- I didn't make these but I definitely helped eat them. We went to a new donut shop the other week and each chose one. Pat picked Raspberry Lemonade (everyone's favorite!), I chose a Samoa flavor and the kids both went with a white icing sprinkled with fruity pebbles (it had a fun name that I've since forgotten).

No comments: