Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Artfest!

After I ran my half-marathon and after we ate some Jimmy John's, we headed to our local artfest to see what was happening. I love our city, they do an amazing job with community events and I was pretty impressed with this one. We've gone before but I don't remember it being this interactive and a lot of the stuff was free. There was a photobooth, a caricature artist, lots of kid crafts, the opportunity to do chalk art and more (much more!). There was a living statue that was fun to watch and then totally scared Owen when he suddenly moved and reached out to shake Owen's hand. 
On our way!

This artist was painting our city and doing a mighty fine job of it.

Mom and Dad posing for the caricature artist. He was doing them all in 60 seconds so I wouldn't say they were super accurate representations but impressive nonetheless.




Chalk art!



1 comment:

Jamie said...

You guys do such fun stuff! I'm so jealous! My weekend highlights include going to Moe's for lunch ;P
Love the drawings, hilarious!!!