Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Yummy Foods!


Vanilla Spiced Oatmeal-I love apricot oatmeal in the slow cooker so I'm always looking for another one that is just as good. I would make this again but it definitely needed the raisins!


Turkey Chili-My new favorite chili recipe! We had this for dinner yesterday on National Chili Day! (I like celebrating food holidays because it makes it easier to decide what's for dinner) A lot of the commenters on the website recommended doubling the spices so I did (except I kept the chili powder the same). I found this because I wanted a recipe that used yellow bell pepper.

Quinoa-Almond Salad- This was super easy to put together and I loved the crunchiness!


Banana Bread-I used my favorite banana bread recipe for this one but split the batter and made four variations: Chocolate Chip, Maple Walnut, Cinnamon Raisin, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. I thought Peanut Butter would be everyone's favorite but I think everyone liked Cinnamon Raisin more. We had this and big bowls of broccoli for dinner on National Banana Bread Day!


Granola Bars-This was the first version I made (raisins, sunflower seeds, peanuts and mini m&m's) and it held together really well, everyone liked it. I changed the formula around the second time and used apricots and chocolate chips but I was the only one who liked it better! I had substituted some plain cheerios for the oats and the bars kept falling apart.


Pasta Salad-we had a highly successful macaroni and cheese night where the kids got to add any number of healthy mix-ins they wanted to their bowl so I decided to try it with pasta salad. It went great! This is a picture of what Owen chose for his pasta (yellow pepper, tomato, peas, corn, cheese, chicken and red onion).


Another salad!


No comments: