Saturday, March 12, 2011

Experiment 2!

I liked this experiment so much that I had to go do one myself so I wouldn't steal the one I had put together for Owen. Here's what you do: put some milk in a dish, put different colored drops of food coloring in the middle, put some dish soap on a Q-tip and touch it to the colors to see what happens (if you want to find out for yourself don't look at the pictures I put up yet!). I found this experiment here which led me to here. We have more experimenting in our future since we had so much fun with this one!

See? Fun.




The dish soap repels the food coloring so it disperses around the plate. Once you touch all the colors a few times they start to mix. I'm pretty sure Owen would have done this all day if I hadn't been concerned about using up all our milk!

No comments: