Thursday, September 30, 2010

Owen's First Homework

Owen had his first homework assignment on Monday to create a family penant (with your family). The directions were to trace everybody's hands, put your name somewhere on the penant and decorate any way you wanted. It was a lot of fun to have a project to do together although I'm very curious to see what other penants looked like. We weren't sure how much influence we were supposed to have so we decided to not have any:)


Cranberry Coriander Oatmeal (modeled after the flavor in these scones but minus the orange because I forgot to buy one)


Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal - if you check out the link for this recipe you'll see why I wanted to try it. Plus, I was looking for another recipe using steel cut oats. I need to remember to make time-intensive recipes the night before because I think I ate an entire meal's worth of food while I was waiting for this oatmeal to be done. Worth it though because it was super good and much better than the other apple oatmeal I made.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Aw! What a cute idea! Go team Meyer! I like the 'things in a bowl blog' too ;)