Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Bad...

These are just a few of the documented cases of food failures from 2009.

Honeycomb Candy - This failure was due to my lack of candy thermometer. I thought I could just watch it and figure out when to pour it in the pan. Despite its lovely golden appearance it was horribly burnt. Straight into the trash can!


Black Bean Soup-Why did this seem like a good idea? I think we took one bite, laughed and then threw it out. It also forever stained my crockpot! Not cool.


Roasted Vegetable Couscous - This took a lot of time to make and no one would eat it! It wasn't so horrible that we immediately threw it out but it was bad enough that no one would eat leftovers. This just reconfirmed that when I make something new I should always cut the recipe in half.


Carrot Soup- Lovely color...horrid taste.


Apricot Bread-The taste was actually alright but I was supposed to use self-risnig flour which accounts for the bread looking like bricks.

1 comment:

Diana Welmerink said...

It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one who occasionally fails at making new "exciting" recipies. Perhaps I would feel better about those failures if I started taking pictures of how good the fod looks (regardless of how it tastes...). Thanks for sharing :)