Friday, January 8, 2010

And Desserts...

After putting up all those pictures yesterday I felt like I owed the desserts a turn! Maybe next I'll put up all the failures from 2009.

Vanilla Bean Meringue - I used vanilla beans for the first time in 2009 and I can't remember if this was the first or second thing I tried with them. These were really good and flavorful.


Double Apple Bundt Cake - Very good and super moist. Makes for a pretty picture too.


S'more Cookies - Ah yes. I'm pretty sure I only talked about these a billion times. Fantastic. Maybe the best discovery of the year.


Sweet Potato Bundt Cake - this was supposed to have some sort of glaze on it which I'm sure would have made it look prettier. It was really good and very light. The kind of thing you want to eat when you want dessert but you're pretending this doesn't count.


Chocolate Chip Pretzel Bars - I'm pretty sure I won't make these again even though they were very good. They really just tasted like butter and chocolate with some crunch thrown in and everytime I went to eat some I felt horribly guilty and like I should go run a few miles. That didn't stop me from eating them all though...it also didn't motivate me to run those miles...


Tofu Cookies - Probably won't make these again either but they were fun to try. They wouldn't have tasted like anything if they had been missing the chocolate chips.

No comments: