Thursday, September 17, 2020

Half Marathon!

I was torn about training for a half marathon this year with so much being up in the air. I knew it was a very real possibility that I would put a bunch of time in and then the race could be cancelled or the race might continue and I wouldn't be comfortable going. I decided to just go for it and do the training and decide later. Pat accompanied me on his bike every weekend for my long training runs and we would chat or listen to podcasts. I loved having his company! Ultimately, the race ended up going virtual so I never signed up but Pat and I did go out that same day and run the same course I run every year. I was a little worried when the morning started out with thunderstorms but we waited them out and started the run around 10:45, no chatting or podcasts this time, I listened to my half marathon playlist. It ended up being great weather! We ran into some muddy trails where I almost fell and we had to wait at a couple stoplights because the roads weren't closed but even that didn't take as long as I thought it would. We got lucky with our timing! In the end, I ended up finishing with 1:56:24, about 3.5 minutes shorter than my goal time. Then we had a half mile walk back to the car because the winding trails was a longer course than the road would have been in the normal race. 


Ready to go!
I joked to Pat that he should sing the National Anthem for the start of the race and he did:)

Done!
Done!


Ready to go home! With a quick stop at Starbucks for a pink drink!





 

No comments: