Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter!

I haven't been this caught up on blog posts in a long time! Ah, the perks of quarantine! Just kidding, we would all like to be back to our regularly scheduled lives!!
Easter morning started out with a scavenger hunt for baskets. The clues led the kids all around the house and momentarily outside before it finally led them to the living room. The clue implied both kids baskets would be there and Paige's was...but not Owen's! He had to head upstairs to find his! 
After lots of candy eating we ate some homemade cinnamon rolls. I started them the day before and even though it was a bit of a process, they were pretty easy and totally worth the effort. I was very proud and Owen even told me it's the best thing I've ever made! I used one recipe for the rolls and another for the frosting.
We went on a family run/bike ride after Pat and the kids played a lot of Minecraft and got slightly rained on but I think that just made us run faster! We ended up having a late lunch/early dinner with homemade scalloped potatoes (how did we not get a picture?!), ham, rolls and peas. It was excellent and Pat did 90% of the work. I shopped and sourced recipes:)
Our last event of the day was heading out to Gorge Metropark. We were a little worried because the parking lot seemed a bit crowded with cars but we had no trouble avoiding people on the trails. And it was so nice, I would love to go back in a month or two when the skinnier trails aren't blocked off and everything is green!

Excited to begin the search!
Deciphering clues

Paige is happy with her basket!

Both happy!


Breakfast!

Posing with the rolls before they were cut

We don't need another cinnamon roll picture in this post but I couldn't help it



Posing at the park


Pat and I!



One more pose!

Dinner table before the food arrived. The carrots had to be unwound and there was a joke, stickers and a little baby chick inside.


No comments: