Monday, February 6, 2017

Not Chinese Food

I had come across a recipe for Lo Mein and then I found out the next day was Chinese New Year! I thought it was perfect! Then I found out that Lo Mein is not Chinese at all. Well...we had it anyway. I think it was our first time trying Udon noodles and I wasn't very impressed. Maybe we cooked them too long? Otherwise, the dinner was decent. And we all made attempts at chopsticks with varying degrees of success.

Also, let's talk briefly about Green Dragon Hot Sauce (below). I tried some on a sample of macaroni and cheese at Trader Joe's and decided I needed to bring some home. I'm not a huge condiment person but this hot sauce manages to be hot and flavorful. I hate when it's just a sensation of heat without flavor. So far, I've only tried it on this, more macaroni and cheese, and a taco but I'm sure I'll find a bunch more uses!
SaveSave

No comments: