Thursday, June 18, 2015

Muffins!

We received a new-to-me item in our CSA bag last week-spelt flour. I didn't think much of it until I started doing some internet sleuthing on the topic to figure out if it worked the same way as regular flour and, of course, it doesn't. Because of that, I thought it best not to just put it in place of regular or whole wheat flour from a recipe I've made in the past. I didn't have blueberries so I used chocolate chips instead to make these Blueberry Banana Spelt Muffins. Were they good? They were super good. Was it because they were made with spelt flour? No clue. I also cut the sugar in half and used pecans instead of walnuts. Wondering what the kids said about them? Paige wandered sleepily into the kitchen while they were still baking, was not impressed, and asked if I would make her some pancakes while she waited for them to bake. Owen woke up some time later and was of the opinion that they would have been even better with blueberries instead of chocolate chips.

No comments: