Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cars!

We used to play with cars in our house so much that we kept them in a bin under the coffee table. Eventually we moved them downstairs when we realized they were being ignored and we haven't played with them a lot since. I've been trying to encourage Paige to read and decided to make a sight word parking lot. I made Owen one with numbers because I thought he would have fun with it too. You take some cardboard, draw lines for a parking lot and then write words in it. Then you say a word and the kids have to drive the car to the right spot. For Owen I put a bunch of numbers down, then gave him a math problem and he had to park the car in the spot with the right answer. They both liked it although next time I'm going to give Paige harder words and get more creative with the math problems for Owen. The other good news is that after we were done they played with the cars in the living room too!



No comments: