Saturday, October 5, 2013

More (Cheesy) Food!

What's with all the food? I don't know. Three out of four foods contain cheese. Sorry about that.

Garlic Cauliflower Breadsticks-Stop it, these were amazing, don't try to argue with me. They're breadsticks made with a cauliflower crust.
(Changes- I made the crust with slightly less cheese. I changed the topping considerably-very light spreading of garlic butter, and a little over half the amount of cheese it suggested.)

I made these up but I'm sure I wasn't the first one. I took some store bought sugar cookie mix and added pumpkin pie spice and then we put some pumpkin M&M's on top and baked them. Very tasty!

Remember the spaghetti squash debacle of 2007? Well, it still felt too soon to try spaghetti squash but we got one in our CSA so I couldn't avoid it any longer. I thought about why we hated it-too watery and looked for a recipe that would help us avoid that. I came out a winner! Roast and shred squash. Saute garlic in some olive oil and add squash until warmed through. Stir in some parmesan cheese. Eat. I added finely chopped kale and chicken and ate it for leftovers the next day.

Chicken Parmesan with Oven Roasted Tomato Sauce- This doesn't really need an explanation. Very good! Oven roasted tomatoes really are the best. (Changes-no shallot, substituted water for the white wine)

No comments: