Friday, March 6, 2009

How to Compromise with a 2 year old...and My Eggplant

...agree that one sock is good enough.

This stuffed eggplant was so good that it deserves its own post. Unfortunately, no one in my household agrees. Already Owen will refuse to taste something if it doesn't look like something he wants and Pat does the same thing when he hears something is in food that he "knows" he doesn't like. To be fair, eggplant is not the tastiest thing I've ever had but you couldn't even taste it in this. And it took me a long time to make. And it had Bechamel sauce in it which I'd never made before. So in this case the total effort that went into making this made it even better tasting than it might have been if I was eating what someone else made. Regardless, I'm not going to stop making crazy things...but maybe I'll provide a backup for the picky eaters:)

No comments: