Friday, March 27, 2009

Black Bean Soup...

I thought it was serendipity that I came across this recipe for Black Bean soup right when I had some cilantro I wanted to use up and had just bought a bag of black beans because I wanted to see the difference between them and the canned kind. I happily assembled everything in the slow cooker and then about a half hour before it was ready to eat I realized that I was going to be eating a large bowl of beans for dinner. That's disgusting. I don't like beans enough to do that. Chili yes. Black Bean Soup...no. I asked Pat what he was thinking when he let me make this and he said, "Well, when you get these ideas in your head..." Fair enough. The good news is that I found the best corn bread recipe ever. It's right here.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it would appear my sisters are into soup this week :)

Alex Hall said...

I have to admit that the recipe on the Quaker cornmeal package is pretty good, but I'm willing to try this recipe... Review to come.