Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bye Bye Pacifier!

Owen and his pacifier...


After a lot of discussion, Pat and I agreed that putting Owen's pacifier in a Build-a-Bear (I found the idea on the internet) would be a good option to get him on board with the idea of giving it up! Owen was so great and actually put the pacifier in himself. You can see in the picture below that he was a bit nervous about it but I think he was more scared of the friendly lady than he was about saying goodbye to his pacifier. We've had two great nights and one iffy nap since but overall I think it's gone better than we could have imagined (*knock on wood*). I keep forgetting to get a picture of him with the bear we have since dubbed Newton. He isn't too fond of Newton yet, we think he might be a little miffed at him for taking his pacifier.

P.S. Just for the purposes of full disclosure...the large wet spot on Owen's shirt in the previous post is actually milk that he spilled. So I guess milk-monster or milk-meister might be more accurate:)

No comments: