Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lunch

I miss putting up pictures of my breakfasts so here was our lunch from yesterday. What kind of mom would I be if I didn't try to convince Owen that egg sandwiches are great? I even threw on some cheese to make it more convincing. Owen is a fickle eater though and decided halfway through that egg sandwiches are not good. Carrots are way better.


This is Owen before he threw his sandwich to the ground. He was still enjoying the food at this point.


Ah yes. My lunch. Remember how you're supposed to read recipes all the way through before starting? I usually read the ingredient list and look at the picture to make sure I want it and then begin. Well, here's another sad lesson learned. You take a tomato, slice off the top, break an egg into it, bake it for awhile, top with some cheese and bake some more. I still think that sounds great. Unfortunately the egg never cooked! I don't want a soupy egg! I want cooked egg! I even cooked it longer after I found it was liquidy and it still never firmed up. Normally I would assume I did something wrong but then I looked at the end of the recipe and it says to serve with slices of bread for dipping. Um...no. I do not "dip" things into my eggs. Nor should anyone else.

No comments: