Thursday, April 24, 2008

Swiss Muesli? Yes, please.

I found a recipe for Swiss Muesli when I was online looking for breakfast ideas the other day. I'm glad I made it because it was actually really good. Here's what you do for a single serving...
Soak 1/2 cup of rolled oats in 1/4 cup of fruit juice or milk (use the juice, it's way better) overnight. In the morning add 1/2 of a grated apple, some chopped nuts, and some yogurt. Eat. Add cinnamon because it's way better that way.
The recipe actually called for "honey yoghurt" and hazelnuts. Nobody really has hazelnuts in their cupboard, right? And what is honey yoghurt? And why did they spell it that way? I can only assume that this is an authentic Swiss recipe since it has a fancy spelling and there's no such thing as honey flavored yogurt here.

No comments: