Thursday, September 28, 2023

River Run

I believe this was my 8th year of participating in The River Run half marathon. It was cancelled in 2020 but I still ran my own race along the same path and I missed a year when I got my appendix out. It's still my favorite race to run. This year we had to drive from the new house and park in our old neighborhood and then walk to the starting line which wasn't a big deal but a little sad not to be able to just walk out the front door and to the park. It was perfect weather for running, a little chilly to start so there was no overheating during the run. I opted not to carry water because they had stations about every two miles which timed out great with when I wanted to eat the Clifs bloks I brought. I ended with a time of 153:40 which I never would have predicted. I think all of the components just came together for a good race.
Before-Pat kept me company at the starting line!

I think I'm in here

During

Almost there!

Owen joined Pat to see my cross the finish line!

Posing with my chip time

After!

 

No comments: