Monday, September 25, 2023

Lisa


Lisa passed away Thursday, September 14, about 2.5 weeks after being diagnosed with brain cancer. There's no amount of time you can spend with a loved one that makes saying goodbye any easier but the loss I feel has been compounded by the swiftness with which she was taken. She was a fun-loving and kind person who was clever, witty and creative. She was a mother, a daughter, a sister and a friend. I keep thinking of her in little moments during my days-when I saw the coffeecake at Starbucks she requested everyday in the hospital, when I heard a sad song about loss, when I took a picture of my cats I thought she would appreciate, when a Christmas carol popped into my head the other day. Some are obvious but not all of the connections make sense. It's nice to think about her though and remember good times and what she brought to our family for the 48 years she was here. She will be forever missed and loved.















 

No comments: