Thursday, October 13, 2022

Towpath Marathon!

I ran my second marathon ever less than a week ago! There was a big difference between this year and last year. I didn't get around to incorporating all the changes I was going to make (better nutrition, more water, strength training) so I was a little worried going into the morning but I did have the confidence of knowing I had done the distance once and could do it again, no matter how long it took me! It was a much cooler day so that helped as well. I never got overheated or felt too thirsty. One mistake I made was carrying two small bottles when I just needed one. I had to ditch the second bottle a couple miles in because having two was weighing down my shorts and I never found it on the way back. I did manage to reach both of the goals I had. I didn't puke and I beat my time! I finished with a chip time of 4:16:22. I can't wait to do it again next year!!

Before the race with my parents. They ran the 10k and both got second in their age group!

I took a few pictures of the scenery while I ran

Action shot from the race photographer. My hand was cold and I hadn't ditched the second water bottle yet so I had to hold it for awhile

I texted everyone a picture while I ran

After the race! They had to wait quite awhile for me to finish

My favorite training partner!

I was in a lot of pain when we were walking to the car so Pat carried me for as long as he could:)
 

No comments: