Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Phyllo Pot Pie

This recipe came about because I needed to use up some ingredients and I still hadn't gotten around to making something with phyllo dough. It was alright but I was definitely expecting it to be better than it was. Of course, I also changed around some things so that might be my fault... I used broccoli instead of celery and peas and realized too late that I didn't have tarragon. Also, it was an especially stressful evening so I took a shortcut on the phyllo and sprayed Pam between the layers instead of using melted butter. That was something I knew I would regret even as I was doing it but it did save me a lot of time! Next time I'll definitely use the butter but I'm going to try a dessert instead! I ran into one more problem when it called for me to bring the mixture to a boil but there wasn't any liquid left! I ended up adding some more and maybe I overdid it...

No comments: